For three years a growing portfolio of liability claims had been managed under a traditional London market solution;
We like to work with insurance brokers to understand their clients claim problems and devise innovative solutions that improve efficiency and cut claim costs – ultimately saving time and money for both broker and client. We are commonly approached by brokers when their clients premiums are escalating or deductibles are increasing in programs like public liability, professional liability or property. We can devise training and process improvements to ensure brokers clients are more attractive risks for insurers.
Proclaim was appointed as the claims manager to a large property owner. The brief was to work with the broker and client to create a new and better claim process which provided high levels of service and efficiency but also cut the cost of risk.
We had several meetings with the broker and the client (risk management departments) so we could understand the current process and what the client wanted before we developed a tailored program that met their objectives, which included:
- Creating a new incident claim notification program, with revised incident forms and user guides including contact requirements
- Setting up a service provider network (adjusters and lawyers)
- Training the client’s employees
- Utilising online quoting and digital images for desktop assessments of lower value claims
- New improved procedures for the process of recoveries of damages from third parties
- Improved risk management in recurring hazards
- Creating new tailored reports for financial and risk management
The new processes drove costs down by 25% in the first year; the client’s employees received a higher level of service and support; and with more proactive claims service and better reporting the client and their broker felt more in control of their risk.