WHAT DO WE DO FOR THEM?
Underwriting agents and coverholders generally exist to provide sharper services to niche markets in insurance. The expertise in agents often lies in technical underwriting and their ability to provide quick turnaround and meet their customers’ expectations. Claim management is generally not a core competency of an underwriting agent or coverholder. Claims can be a distraction and the technical and reporting requirements can often be beyond their capabilities. Yet providing an excellent claim service, and accessing the right technical expertise, remains a critical strategic issue.
- High levels of technical expertise in the handling of claims – for liability classes we have legally qualified account managers to provide strategic management and advice on claims issues
- Reporting by year of account that meets underwriter requirements
- Reserving and financial transaction compliance
- Full escrow accounting and GST reporting from dedicated specialist roles in the business
- Data mining and risk management advice
- Better claims results – better service, lower costs and lower loss ratios (so greater profit share)
- Increase in support from brokers
- Release of time to concentrate on underwriting and developing the business